JEE Main Syllabus 2017 gives details of the chapters & topics covered for section-wise weightage of JEE Main 2017 paper. JEE Main 2017 syllabus has been announced by CBSE previously. With the help of JEE Main syllabus 2017, the aspiring candidates will have a clear knowledge of what to study and what to avoid for JEE Main 2017 paper. JEE Main 2017 syllabus helps aspirants of JEE Main 2017 in preparation for the entrance exam in an well & organized manner. The syllabus of JEE Main 2017 contains topics & chapters from Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry for Paper 1 and topics from Aptitude and Drawing,Mathematics for Paper 2.
JEE Main 2017 exam is conducted in two mode i.e
- Online mode
- Offline mode.
JEE Main paper pen based (offline mode) will be held on April 02, 2017 while the computer based test (online mode) will be held from April 08 – 09, 2017.
To know more , please read the whole article on JEE Main Syllabus 2017:-
JEE Main Syallabus 2017
JEE Main 2017 syllabus for Physics
- Physics and measurement
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy and power
- Rotational motion
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter and radiation
- Atoms and nuclei
- Electronic devices
- Communication systems
- Experimental skills
JEE Main Syllabus 2017 for Mathematics
- Sets, relations and functions
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations
- Matrices and determinants
- Permutations and combinations
- Mathematical induction
- Binomial theorem and its simple applications
- Sequences and series
- Lbw, continuity and differentiability
- Integral calculus
- Differential equations
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Three dimensional geometry
- Vector algebra
- Statistics and probability
- Mathematical reasoning
JEE Main Syllabus 2017 for Chemistry
Section A – physical chemistry
- Some basic concepts in chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface chemistry
Section B – Inorganic Chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
- Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
- D – and f – block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
Section C – Organic Chemistry
- Purification and characterisation of organic compounds
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Organic compounds containing nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
JEE Main Syllabus 2017 for Paper 2 (Aptitude Test B. Arch and B. Planning)
Part – I
Three dimensional – perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, color texture, harmony and contrast. Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil. Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects. Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urban space (public space, market, festivals, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces etc.), landscape (river fronts, jungles. gardens, trees, plants etc.) and rural life.
Note: Candidates are advised to bring pencils, his/her own geometry box , erasers and color pencils and crayons for the Aptitude Test(JEE Main paper 2).
Part – II
Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials.) Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build—environment. Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings. Visualizing. different sides of three dimensional objects. Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern (Paper 1)
JEE Main Exam 2017 paper 1 will have questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. Each of the 3 sections will be given equal weightage and scores – 30 questions from each section(total of 90 questions).
- The questions will be objective in nature and he/she have to choose one correct answer among the 4 answer options(only single option correct).
- The exam duration will be 3 hours(180 minutes).
- Each question will carry 4 marks, making it a total of 360 marks for the question paper.He/She can score maximum of 360 marks.
- Each correct response will fetch 4 marks, while each incorrect response will fetch -1 or ¼ (one fourth) of the total marks will be deducted due to negative marking.
- For no response, Zero marks will be given or no marks is deducted.
JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern (Paper 2)
JEE Main 2017 Exam 2 will have the following 3 three parts
- Part I – Mathematics
- Part II – Aptitude Test
- Part III – Drawing Test